I thought it might be fun to keep a journal while we're on vacation, so I'll try to keep my blog updated during the next couple of weeks.
First of all, I should tell you where we're going. Avon, CO, to a really nice resort that my grandparents traded a week of their Florida timeshare for. We'll be there for a week, Sunday to Saturday, I think. It might be Sunday to Sunday – I'm not quite sure. I'm really looking forward to it, though I wish I could bring my dog along with me. I'm going to miss her a lot, though I like how dogs are so excited when they see you again after you've been gone for several days. But I know she'll be very well taken care of while we're gone. She's going to go stay with a family from church, who have almost as many kids as we do, and one of their girls really loves dogs. She'll have a lot of fun with them!
Well, I had been planning to pack the suitcases yesterday, so they'd be ready to go in the trailer today, but Mom and I went to the fair for a few hours to see a neighbor get an award for his farm having been in the family for a hundred years. We weren't home until 4:30, and I was pretty tired, as I'd gotten a cold a few days before. So none of the packing got done. And, right now, as you may have realized, I am sitting on my bed with Mom's laptop (Zac's with me :) ) writing this blog entry, and NOT packing. Reason: I have nearly lost my voice, my nose is plugged up, if I get up and talk, I start coughing, I'm having cramping, so...Mom told me to rest for a while. Any other day, I'd be perfectly content to just sit here and enjoy myself, but I wish I could be up packing and getting ready for the trip, as there is still A LOT to do, and we want to leave in seventeen hours from right now, although we probably won't get off until at least 6am tomorrow morning. We need to leave early though, as we've got ten and a half hours of driving time, barring bathroom breaks, gas breaks, meal breaks, and baby breaks. Which probably adds at least two hours onto that.
Would you please pray for us, that we would be able to get everything done today that we are supposed to get done and be able to leave on time tomorrow, and for me (and the rest of those in our family who are sick), that we would be healed quickly. And especially, that Mom and Zac would not get sick. And for all of us, that we would be given Christ's incomprehensible peace and joy as we get ready for this trip, and that we would be granted a new measure of faith and trust in His perfect plan and care. Thanks!
Yay! A post series! I love these things :) Have fun!!!
ReplyDeletep.s. Are you checking your email while you're gone? I sent you one ;)