Monday, September 6, 2010

The Chronicles of Narnia

I have read or have listened to all of The Chronicles of Narnia before, but a few weeks ago a couple of my sibling started reading through them and I decided to read them over again. Oh, they're so good. I just finished The Last Battle this morning. I remember being a little scared or daunted by the book the first time I read it a few years ago, but I really, really enjoyed it this time. The first two-thirds of the book is sad, but the last couple of chapters completely make up for it! It's like having to go through a trial if you really want to enjoy the happiness afterward, for otherwise the liberation wouldn't feel so sweet. Actually - it's exactly like that!

If you haven't ever had the pleasure of reading The Chronicles of Narnia yourself, I highly commend it to you. And read them, not in the order he wrote them, but in the order they go -
The Magician's Nephew
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
The Horse and His Boy
Prince Caspian
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
The Silver Chair
The Last Battle

I hadn't done it that way before, but it is very nice to do them chronologically (pun half-intended) and I loved it.

And please vote on my poll to tell me which Narnian you would most like to know. :) Then comment and tell me which one you chose and why.

4 comments:

  1. I chose Peter, because he is very nice and would be pleasant to be around. I probably could also have chose Ed or Eustace. Or Caspian. Or any of the other kings. Lucy would be a very sweet friend, too. I would like being friends with the Mr. Tumnus of the movies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked Reepicheep, but could have chosen the Beavers, or Mr. Tumnus or Puddleglum, or Hwin. I'd really like to know some true Narnians! But I like all the Sons of Adam and Daughters of Eve as well and I'd be happy to be friends with them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, wait, maybe I'd also like to be friends with Professor Kirke. I would probably enjoy sitting with him on chilly winter afternoons, sipping cocoa in front of the fireplace, and listening to him tell me about his adventures and asking about things in my books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I said Caspian, but really, I'd love to be friends with almost all of those listed :) Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy would be fun to be friends with all at once, you know? It would be tons of fun to just hang out with them. :)

    Love you! And I'm going to see you TOMORROW! WAHOO! No ones sick, presently. Praying that it stays that way!

    p.s. 67 days! CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete