Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Holly

A couple of months ago, my cat, Trixxie, had a litter of four very adorable little kittens. There was an orange bicolor, a tortoiseshell, and two blue points (we at first thought these were cream kittens, as kittens of this color are born white and later develop the darker points – it's the pattern Siamese cats have – these kittens are 1/8th Siamese). When they were four weeks old, two of them unexpectedly died (the tortie and the smaller point) and Trixxie abandoned them. So we brought the remaining two kittens into the house and began to hand-raise them. It was a lot of fun, though everyone got h1n1 a couple days after we started bottle-feeding them and then we all felt really sick. Last Friday they turned eight weeks old and Snow White (the blue point) went to her new home the following afternoon.


















But we still have Holly. She's a very sweet little baby. She isn't eating solids as well as her sister, so we decided to keep her for a little while to make sure she figures it out. Here she is:



































I just gave her a bath here and she's drying off in my lap as I'm writing:










Isn't she darling? If you know someone who could give her a good home, be sure to let me know!

3 comments:

  1. How CUTE! SOOO adorable! I really wish my dad wasn't allergic :( I'd love to have such a sweet kitty. I don't remember hearing that Snow White found a home. Who adopted her?

    If we hear of someone with a desire for a cuddly kitten we'll let you know ASAP!

    Love ya!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's not doing very well, I'm afraid. I think she's fading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no! Holly's fading? Or Snow White? Or Trixxie? I'm so sorry!

    ReplyDelete