I don't know if I've ever seen a closet messier than mine. It was a disaster. There were boxes in it, full of junk from our move. The move five years ago. Yes. It was bad. There were stuffed animals crammed in the corners; shoes that didn't fit anyone in particular jumbled on the floor; old sweaters stacked on the shelves. Sometimes it didn't even close.
Until yesterday.
For a very long time, we'd known we needed to clean the closet, but none of us wanted to do it. But at last, at Mom's urging, I decided it had to be done. Now. So, I recruited Lydia's help and together we completely – completely – cleaned out the closet. It looks so nice now! Finally...after five years. Hehe. It looks like we just moved in! And now we actually have a place to hang our clothes!
And from all this I learned something I didn't know before. Even fourteen-year-olds can hurt their backs.
Congratulations! It sounds super nice. How long did it take you to do? I'm sorry about your back. :( ouch.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see you on Tuesday! Love you!
Katie
My back actually doesn't hurt anymore – it only hurt for a little while. I'm just mewling, I guess. Master's back hurt a lot worse than mine. :)
ReplyDeleteHey, guess what. Jord and Jakey've got a new friend. His name is Marcus. And the 'You Know Who' of the story – Sir Andreas.
wait, Marcus is in both stories? Or, was it just Jake? And, is Sir Andreas in Jordan or Jake? And is he someone that someone marrys? Sorry for all the questions--I'm quite intrigued by these new characters! Yay! Does this mean that we'll see more of Brett and Jake?!?!? :D :D :D :D
ReplyDeleteUmm...actually Marcus is in neither. It's a new story. It doesn't have a name yet, but it's about an orphan living in medieval days. Tell you more later. ;)
ReplyDeleteHey, did you ever hear Pastor John's sermon?
ReplyDeleteoh, sorry! Now I understand your first comment. OOOO, sounds exciting! So, medieval days are like Ella's times, right? Fun!!!
ReplyDeleteI never did hear it. Was it good?
I have to say, it sure looks great! And now that I've discovered you have a talent for cleaning out closets, I've been thinking...
ReplyDeleteHooray for clean closets! Isn't that such a good feeling? We are re-doing your cousins rooms right now, and they are getting new shelving in their closets and I am doing LOTS of decluttering. Tough job, but worth it! :) Great to see you posting again!
ReplyDeleteYour closet looks fabulous! I couldn't believe it! I thought it was all new shelving, but your sister told me it isn't. We just couldn't see it before!!
ReplyDeleteJob well done!! Love, Grandma